Thursday, October 23, 2014

My Egyptian Sarcophagus

Trevor Jones
10/23/14
Per. 7

Egyptian Sarcophagus: 


This sarcophagus will lead me to a successful afterlife because it has all the major Egyptian symbols and modern symbols that describe me and that I will need in the afterlife. I included Egyptian symbols that signify protection, the spirit, eternity, royalty, and many more that will allow me to have a successful afterlife. I also included aspects that define me, such as a soccer ball or the a Arizona A, and items that I will need in the afterlife such as food, drinks and a door to get in and out of the sarcophagus. I believe that the ancient Egyptians saw death as an extension of life. And being an extension of life, every great ruler should have personal belongings that make it more enjoyable for them. In Egyptian culture, there are three different kinds of being, the dead, the living, and the gods. I believe that this attitude towards death is derived from the attempt at preserving the Pharaohs, so that they may live forever in the afterlife.   




Thumbnail Sketches:

My Name in Hieroglyphics:

No comments:

Post a Comment